Introduction

Hi! I'm Kelley. I'm 34, a lesbian, single, and I want more than anything to be a mom. This is going to be my journey from idea through possible--hopeful--pregnancy. 

I've wanted to be a mom for a long time, but never really had the idea of a white picket fence, especially when I figured out I was a lesbian. I thought, for a long time, the idea of kids was just beyond my reach and always would be. See, I'm not great in romantic relationships. I don't know why, but I don't seem to the type destined for romance. But I've had the desire to start a family for a very long time, even as a single parent. I thought about adopting, but I don't have the financial means to do so. I wasn't sure how to make my dream a reality, until I stumbled across an article about IUI on a completely unrelated searched. 

I started reading about it, and in spite of it's relatively low success rate compared to IVF, I thought it's worth taking a chance on. I did my research throughly for months, learning everything I could about it. And it looked as though it was a shot at not allowing my dream of having kids die. 

After much soul searching, long talks with my therapist and with my deceased mom,  I decided I was going to do this. Jump right in headfirst and see what happens. This blog is a way to document my journey--a running record of my thoughts and feelings along the way. And my experiences too of course. To quote one of my favorite musicals, The Scarlet Pimpernel, "hold your head higher and into the fire we go!" 

Comments